Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The grunge of my dreams

Well, it's funny I started on about dreams yesterday, because last night I had a good one.

Most likely prompted by watching Gene Simmons' Rock School (I know, I'm sorry), I dreamt as though I were in a school being taught the rock.
{I know, I know. You don't need to go to school to learn how to rock}

As it turns out, no one from my study group/"band" was there for the lesson so I had to play a song by myself with only sheet music and piano.
Now all of this isn't that strange for a dream, most of this being obviously rooted in educational anxiety and that sort of thing.

Howevever, what really got me was that I was actually reading the sheet music and playing along. I was singing what the notes were telling me to sing and playing the chords listed on the page (some of which weren't real chords and I had to guess in my dream state the best notes to play) adding my own little embellishments and solos. I was really astonished when I woke up. Basically, my dream was akin to being handed a book and reading it, except with music and an instrument. I can't even sight read myself as well as in my dream, but from what I remember, everything was accurate to the music.

Well whatever, just a strange experience. Especially considering the song had some definite Alice in Chains riffs going on and I took to rockin more than once through the course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home