Monday, August 15, 2005

Dream a Little Dream

Last night I had a lucid dream. Didn't exactly turn out the way I expected it to, but then again, what does?

I awoke to find myself in the 70's standing in a park in the middle of some populous city. I knew it was the 70's because of the cars people were driving and the fact that everything appeared as it would on a 70's sitcom: same colors and general visual quality (reference previous post). It was like I was viewing everything around me as a low-quality digital recording.

Anyway, after I realized I was in fact dreaming, I decided I would take a look around said decade when Grandpa Joe from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory/ The Man from Chico and the Man/ Dude in the Poseidon Adventure drove up and asked if I had a place to stay. I said no and he instructed me to go live under the local Toys R Us and drove off...never to be seen again.

At this point I was being chased by the police around the docks on my way to Toys R Us. I had to jump from intertube to intertube floating around the docks and eventually land on a floating Moonwalk which took me from the docks to the main highway. The Police disappeared.

I arrived at Toys R Us and found it to be little more than a glorified 1970's post-office. After running errands for the officers, I made my way downstairs to the basement to live. I found it to be barely high enough to crouch and there were scattered tattered plush sofas and couches. The ground was covered in cinderblocks and broken concrete. Despairing at my apparent living conditions, I laid down on the couch and fell asleep only to quickly ake up from my dream in the real world.

Ok, I didn't say it was a good dream. Nor an engaging narrative. Just an odd set of events I thought I would share with cyberspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home