Monday, December 19, 2005

Hold the Lampreys

I thought that King Kong was one of the most entertaining movies I've seen since Batman Begins. It may have its detractors, but it was and engaging narrative with interesting characters (exception: Jimmy) and some fucking awesome special effects. Also, it seconds as an illustrated encyclopedia of my worst fears (all of which involve being eaten):

From least to greatest

1) Being eaten by a giant dinosaur: Generally a fast way to go, unless he starts with the legs.
2) Being eaten by giant Lampreys: Terrible, excruiatingly frustrating way to go as you are slowly digested alive by a toothy monster. I would rather be burned at the stake.
3) Being eaten by a swarm of ravenous insects: I think I've said enough about being eaten, but if there is a swarm of flesh-craving locusts coming, I'll be the one running over the cliff.

One-Armed Boxer vs. Flying Guillotine:

Starring J. Walter Weatherman.

1 Comments:

Blogger WRS said...

Allegedly among the first of the so-called "one-sentence novels," if I remember correctly: When he woke up, the dinosaur was still in the room.

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home